The agile principles state 'At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly'. Within scrum, the 'sprint retrospective' exists solely for this purpose: a moment at the end of an iteration to look back at what went well and what is eligible for improvement.
After completing this training course you’ll know:
- Why to have retrospectives
- When to have retrospectives
- How to retrospect effectively
- How to avoid getting into a routine
- What formats exist and how to vary your approach on them
We'll run through a number of different hands-on formats that will help your team reflect better on their work and behavior. Offering approaches that vary between game-like to highly-structured, you'll be able help your team stay sharp and give them the necessary fresh perspectives, thus pushing them towards more and better self-organization.