Cegeka currently has an exciting opportunity for a Middle Java developer to join us in Bucharest. We work in a multi-national, distributed environment using Agile methodology (SCRUM) and XP Practices.
Cegeka uses Agile software development as an approach to deliver the highest value to the customer - we work in intense and close cooperation with the customer. You’ll be working in an established and proven Agile environment, with quality-oriented developers.
We are currently working on a number of interesting projects in Belgium and Romania in the Finance, Banking, Health, Sales and Marketing sectors and want to extend our team to support new and existing projects. Our development stack is usually based on Spring, JPA, REST services and AngularJS.
You will work in a team that delivers software for a large international bank and is responsible for developing new services and functionalities for the bank’s electronic banking channels (Internet banking, public site).
You will work on multiple and various projects, in teams with international exposure, complying with several business needs, on the technical area, the functional area, as well as on the methodology area and overall contributing to delivery of robust application solutions, client-oriented and in line with the IT environment and the bank’s policies in general.
- Study, design and develop new features on enterprise projects
- Execution of unit and component testing, registration of test results and defaults
- Reporting of progress and test results
- Participate in technical analysis
- Participate in workload estimations
- Advice, appraisal and code review
- Share knowledge on new applications and technologies used
- Coach less experienced Developers
- More than 2 years professional experience with Java and JavaEE
- Experience with analysis, design, implementation and delivery of JavaEE applications
- Experience with application integration
- Good knowledge of Java, Web and database technologies, JEE, Spring, JDBC, XML, Servlets
- Good knowledge of OO design, including design patterns
- Experience with refactoring
- Experience with agile software development is a plus
- Experience in financial applications, banking and/or internet applications is a plus
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
- Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban, coding oriented TDD Kata)
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
- Meal tickets
- Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
- Massage within the company premises
- Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Long term career development programs
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots