With over 3500 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important ICT providers in Benelux. We develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructures for medium-sized and large organizations. We overcome challenges for clients in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics and financial sectors.
Our current portfolio includes customers from all over the world, with a vast majority in the BeNeLux region, customers for which we are availible 24/7/365.
Customers use our services to implement and integrate IT infrastructures, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, the development and implementation of applications, technical support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Hasselt (BE), Leuven (BE) and Veenendaal (NL), we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
We are looking for a Windows Server Engineer to join our L2 Team in Cegeka Romania, team which handles medium-complex infrastructures, mainly enterprise environments. The team has 20 members in Romania (13 in Bucharest and 7 in Iasi) and collaborates with colleagues from Romania and Belgium to ensure that the quality of the services provided is at the highest level.
As a member of this team, you will be involved in monitoring the infrastructures of our customers and troubleshooting technical problems. You will make sure that the services are up and running and that the incidents assigned to your group by First Line Support Technicians are acknowledged and resolved in the agreed time frame. In addition to that, your activity will include performing maintenances in the Customers’ infrastructure.
In terms of managed environments, we are talking about Wintel environments – around 5000-6000 servers for over 100 Customers, located abroad. The team members solve incidents for each and every one of these Customers, thus interacting with multiple technologies: Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM or Virtualization solutions (Citrix, Hyper-V, VMware).
At team level, we use 2 ticketing tools - CA Unicenter Service Desk (CA USD) and LANDesk and an Unified Dashboard, which integrates multiple monitoring tools (SCOM, Zenoss, etc.) and helps us monitor the environments of our Customers. We have a Knowledge Base (KB) implemented, where you will find documentation, articles and procedures uploaded by other team members.
Due to the fact that we offer 24/7/365 support, you will be working in shifts. The team has day and night shifts during week days (the night shifts usually start on Sunday evening and end on Friday morning), the duration of a shift being of 8h30min. Currently, the team operates on 4 shifts: 07:00 AM - 15:30; 11:30 AM - 20:00, 13:30 – 22:00 and 22:00 – 06:30 AM (the night shifts are performed every 5-7 weeks). In addition to those shifts that require your presence in the office, the Engineers also do stand-by shifts, which are performed remote and are designed to cover the work load during weekends (for critical issues) and ensure a backup for the person who is on the night shift during week days.
We are ITIL certified, which means that we respect specific standards for the procedures and operational flow we have in place, which are implemented division-level. In addition to that, in order to increase efficiency and transparency in terms of team interaction and communication, we use periodically 121 and team meetings, which help us deliver our services continually while not overburdening the team members.
What you need to do:
- Offer 2nd line support for our customers
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the IT infrastructures of our customers
- Analyze incidents generated by our monitoring systems in order to quickly repair them
- Analyze the support requests sent by our customers by phone, email or web submit
- Timely update every support request assigned to your group
- Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken
- Take ownership and responsibility for all tickets assigned to your queue
- Maintenance of operational systems/resources at customer sites (Windows updates, Citrix updates)
- Interact with the customer, by positively exposing Cegeka during the direct communication with customers
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard
- Work in accordance with the Cegeka quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations
- Attend trainings and team meetings
- Respect deadlines and procedures agreed at team level or with the customer
- Ensure that the SLAs are met
- Also: be a colleague and not only a team member – and a very good one! :)
What you need to know:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server platforms (Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, etc.)
- Good knowledge and experience in working with and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Good knowledge and experience in working with and troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, DFS, IIS, WSUS, CA
- Experience with Microsoft Terminal Services
- Good knowledge of at least one enterprise class backup system
- Good knowledge and experience with enterprise Antivirus products
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Servers (2010, 2007, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization software (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Knowledge of storage subsystems
- Server hardware fundamentals
- Networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp farms (is considered an advantage)
What you need to be:
- Professionalism is required in all communication with the clients (phone calls, emails)
- Initiative is required in day to day tasks
- Passion for IT and strong interest in self-development
- Strong team spirit and involvement
- Punctuality and flexibility
- Schedule adherence is one of the objectives of your activity and it will be taken into account during your performance evaluation
- Ability to listen, learn and improve
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
- Private medical subscription (you can choose from 2 providers)
- Meal tickets
- Massage within the company premises (according to internal policies)
- Free Gym subscription (according to internal policies)
- Preferential rates to 7Cards
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
- Continuous learning and improvement activities
- Team events (team buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots