Logistics providers keep track of all kinds of goods for customers. One of the main challenges is to ensure that the goods remain in mint condition. If employees do notice any damage, they must report it as soon as possible to the manager in charge. With Microsoft Power Platform, you can automate the reporting process and free up your warehouse employees.
One of our customers – a logistics provider – was keeping track of damaged incoming goods like this:
- An employee takes a photo of the damaged case with their phone.
- At the end of the day, they upload the photo to a PC and include it in an e-mail to the site manager responsible for these goods.
This manual approach is both labor-intensive and error-prone. We helped our customer to automate the reporting process.
In just a dozen days, we developed a user-friendly canvas app using Microsoft Power Apps to simplify and speed up the reporting process:
- In the app, the employee can indicate the nature of the damage incident and the part of the warehouse or site where the damaged goods are located, as well as take photos.
- The photos are stored on a SharePoint.
- Whenever a photo is saved, Power Automate will initiate a workflow to automatically notify the appropriate site manager.
The canvas app presents a number of benefits:
- Employees can provide info and take photos all in one application.
- Site managers are notified automatically, so employees don’t have to worry about remembering to warn them at the end of the day.
- The app is easy to use and can be unlocked on the employee’s phone.
Ready to power up your business?
Get started with our Power Apps tutorial series.