For our client, the European Commission, we are looking for an experienced Java Developer. This is a long term assignment, full time. The successful candidate will be integrated, at the client's premises, to an international team of professionals.
What does this position entail?
- Development and maintenance of software applications
- Configuration of workflow and security in the database
- Development and integration of technological components
- Implementation of user requirements
- Elaboration of test programs
- Integration with other applications
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams.
Which skills and knowledge?
- In depth knowledge of application development environments
- Good knowledge of design and development of web and multi-tier applications
- Good knowledge of SQL (knowledge of the ORACLE dialect is an asset)
- Knowledge of EC methodologies (RUP, PM2) and tools (IBM Rational Team Concert) is an asset
- Strong willingness to learn and to understand the functional requirements; ability to develop non-explicit specifications
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following nontechnical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write English
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Why grow with Cegeka?
- YOU will be part of our mission:
- As a family-owned IT solutions provider founded on craftsmanship, we work In close cooperation with our customers.
- We help organizations create frictionless and highly personalized experiences for their customers, consumers and citizens.
- It is our ambition to become the leading European orchestrator of digital business platforms and ecosystems in our focus markets.
- YOU receive an attractive salary corresponding to your experience
We will review your application and will contact you as soon as possible.
We invite you for an introductory meeting and ask you to fill-out a personality questionnaire.
If we are both on the same page, we will gladly make you an offer to work with us.